Individual Therapy

How Do I Know I Need Therapy?

Talking to family, friends, coworkers can is part of our social norm. To feel the support of a sympathetic listener helps us feel cared for and connected. Programs at church, Alcoholic’s Anonymous or other self-help groups can be incredibly helpful in addressing problems. However, there are times when you need more than advice from a good friend, mutual support from family or a caring shoulder of a good listener. However, when these ways of coping don’t work, it may be time to seek professional help. But you know you need professional help when nothing has worked, when you feel depressed, anxious or agitated, when you are unable to carry out your obligations and you are unable to function in your normal way. Seeking an experienced professional who is licensed and credentialed is of paramount importance. Those who are licensed to work with individuals, independently, are ones who have passed the State Board’s required mastery testing, education, supervision and experience. In Texas, the following entities are considered professionally credentialed: licensed psychologist, licensed professional counselor or a licensed clinical social worker.